Pasta Salad is one of those staple recipes that’s been around for as long as we can remember, and for good reason – it’s amazingly delicious! This veggie packed version is easy thanks to the shortcut of zest bottled Italian salad dressing.
So all you have to do is boil the pasta, chop the veggies and toss everything together.
Ingredients Veggie pasta salad
- 8 oz. dried pasta
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1-8 oz. can black sliced black olives
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell peppers, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Italian Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot. Set aside.
2. Next, we’ll show you how we’re gonna make the Italian dressing.
2.1 In a small bowl, mix together one teaspoon of celery salt, one teaspoon of dried thyme, a teaspoon of dried oregano, and a teaspoon of parsley.
2.2 Add to the mix, one tablespoon of black pepper. one tablespoon of white sugar. tablespoon of onion powder. and a tablespoon of garlic powder. Mix all of those ingredients with a quarter cup of cider vinegar.
2.3 Now You’re gonna add the one and a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil. you want to add it slowly so that it mixes together well.
3. Now that the dressing and pasta are done, combine the cooked pasta with celery, onion, black olives and the green pepper.
4. Next you are going to add the cucumber and the red bell pepper next. Then we’re going to mix it all together. there’s a lot of vegetables in here and the good thing about them is that they’re all raw, so all the nutrients, all the nutritional, the health benefits aren’t lost at all.
5. We are almost there! You are going to add the cheese next, little bit of mozzarella, you don’t have to use all of it, but just enough, as much as you’d like. Give that another good mix.
6. Finally you are gonna gonna add the dressing . Give it a good mix just to mix it all back together again. Now that it’s all mixed, you can season it adding a little bit of salt and a little bit of pepper to make it taste better. it’s up to you how much you add.