1/2 cup of light corn syrup
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of un-salted peanuts
5 cups of cereal
- The first thing you’re going to do is line a 9 by 13 baking pan with parchment paper and this ensures that your bars do not stick to the pan.
- In a medium sized saucepan bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Now that the mixture has been brought to a boil, we’re going to turn if off. and add the peanut butter to the pot. Followed by the vanilla extract. and then you’re just going to stir this until well blended. You just want to keep stirring and that hot sugar mixture is going to melt that peanut butter and create a really creamy, rich, sauce to hold all of your favorite cereal and peanut butter all together.
- Now that it is well blended, you want to take it off the heat. and add it directly to your big bowl of your favorite cereal.
- Next you are going to add the cereal and the unsalted peanuts and then just slowly mix it together until it’s combined.
- After your mixture is well combined. you want to take your prepared 9 by 13 baking pan and you’re going to pour the mixture into the pan.
- Before you put the pan in the refrigerator, take a piece of parchment paper and just press it down evenly and sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top.
Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.