Today’s recipe for Oven-Baked Chicken Strips & Homemade Honey Mustard combines our two favorites, honey and mustard, to create a healthy, easy dinner that’s fit for kids and grown-ups alike.
- 2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper as needed
Homemade Honey mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
For the Chicken
- In a shallow dish whisk together flour, salt and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish whisk together eggs until well blended.
- To a last separate dish add crushed cornflakes or panko.
- Working with one chicken strip at a time, dredge well in flour then flip to opposite side and dredge well. Transfer to eggs, dip and soak, then flip and soak opposite side. Transfer to cornflake mixture and press into cornflakes, flip and coat opposite side while pressing well to get them to stick well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large oven safe cooling rack with olive oil spray and set on a large rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
- Bake in preheated until center registers 165 on thickest piece, about 15 – 20 minutes (I’d say a thermometer is a must so you don’t over-bake it which will leave you with dry chicken.
- Cool several minutes (coating will crisp it up even more as it rests a few minutes), season with more salt if needed, serve warm with Creamy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
For the Honey Mustard
- Stir together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl while seasoning lightly with salt to taste. Cover and store refrigerator until ready to serve.