A delicious runny yolk egg cooked in the center of a piece of toast and eaten with a fork is a great way to enjoy an egg in a slightly different way.
- 1 slice of your favorite kind of bread
- 1 egg
- Olive Oil
- With the rim of a glass, press a hole in the center of the slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat with oil. Place the slice of bread in the skillet and crack the egg straight into the center of the hole.
- Cook until the egg sets a bit on the bottom, 30 to 45 seconds. Sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper. After about a minute, flip it over with a spatula and salt and pepper the other side.
- Move the toast around in the skillet. Let it cook until the yolk feels soft. Here’s the key: golden brown toast, white (not browned/burned) whites, soft unbroken yolk. Perfect.