It’s Spring! It’s hot out there! Bring on the refreshing lemonade and the cooling mint! But wait. Maybe hold all of the sugar that most lemonade recipes are famous for? And let’s do away with the thick, viscous, unhealthy corn syrup and other refined ingredients that commercial brands are made with? YES. Let’s do that. Introducing the Homemade Honey Lemonade with Fresh Mint recipe!
- 1 tbspn honey, raw honey recommended
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- Juice of 5 lemons
- 4 cup water
- 1 bunch mint leaves, divided
- Boil 1 cup of water on the stove top over high heat until steaming. Add honey, stir until dissolved. Add some mint leaves and let it sit from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Next we would make our mint ice cubes. Fill an ice cube tray with water and put a couple of little pieces of mint on each of the ice cubes and freeze it.
- Combine 4 cups water with lemon juice in a glass pitcher. Pour over mint ice cubes. add some lemons wheels and give it a stir. Add the hot water mixed with honey. You can add some more mint leaves to add some color. Give it one last stir. Enjoy!