Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (oSTEM) is encouraging qualified students to apply for the oSTEM Scholarship Program. For the 2021 scholarship cycle, there is 11 Scholarships that members of the LGBTQ+ STEM community can apply for.
What are the requirements to apply for the scholarships?
Below you can find the requirements for the scholarships available. While being an oSTEM member isn’t required, they would obviously love anyone who applies to join their organization. You can register for free here.
- Students attending community college, undergraduate, or graduate institutions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a STEM field.
- Applicants must have completed at least one semester at their institution.
- The institution must be based in the USA
- Applicants must identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Applicants must be able to be recognized as an awardee at the annual oSTEM Conference.
Please note that GPA is not a requirement or a criteria.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Application Submissions Open: Saturday, May 1st, 2021
Application Submissions Close: Friday, June 11th, 2021
- Two $2,500 Community College Scholarships
- Two $5,000 Undergraduate Scholarships
- Two $5,000 Graduate Scholarships
- Two $5,000 Scholarships Funded by Chevron
- Two $5,000 Scholarships Funded by the BHE Foundation
- One $5,000 Aerospace Career Enhancement (ACE) Scholarship Funded by Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace (SPEEA)
Click the following link to get more information.