This beautifully spiced chilly seasoning will bring earthy, savory flavors to any plain popcorn.
TECHNIQUE TIP: Be sure to use plain, unsalted popcorn. This mixture is going to add a lot of flavor, so no need for buttered microwave popcorn packets.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt (alt. kosher or seas salt)
- 1/8 cayenne pepper (very spicy)
- 15 cups hot unsalted stove- or air-popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped)
- Heat oil in deep pot over medium high heat. Add corn. Cover pot and pop the corn, shaking pan often. Remove from heat. Drizzle with melted butter. Combine spices in a small dish and sprinkle the blend over hot corn. Serve.