This black bean wrap or burrito is a lunchtime favorite – especially if you are pressed for time. Our busy lives can make eating healthy particularly challenging.
This black bean wrap recipe features four of the six foods: frozen veggies, canned beans, salsa, and a whole grain tortilla.
Black Bean Wrap
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 large tortilla(whole grain or gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup salsa (I like Chi Chi’s Thick and Chunky – Mild)
- 1/3 cup black beans (low sodium, rinsed and drained if using canned)
- 1/4 cup organic frozen corn
- 1/4 avocadochopped
- 1 Tbsp. black olives sliced
- 1 cup baby greens (arugula is especially yummy)
- 2 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- Place frozen corn in a strainer and rinse with warm water for about ½ minute until thawed.
- Warm tortilla in microwave about 30 seconds.
- Pour salsa in a strip on the half of the tortilla that’s closest to you.
- Spread black beans, corn, avocado and olives over salsa.
- Tear leaves off cilantro stems and sprinkle over bean mixture. (Discard stems.)
- Top with baby greens.
- Fold side edges of wrap over the ingredients and then roll from the front edge closest to you.
- Slice the wrap in half and enjoy!