Baked Apples are so easy to make and stuffed with a mouthwatering brown sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal crumble filling! The perfect breakfast or dessert treat for Mother’s Day or your weekend!!
- Large crisp apples (such as Braeburn, Gala or Fuji)
- Chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup of water
- Peanut Butter
- Milk, cream or fruit-flavored yogurt, if desired
- Cut apples in half lengthwise. Using spoon, remove and discard cores, making at least a 1-inch indentation in each apple half. In microwavable pie plate, arrange apple halves, cut sides up. If needed, cut thin slice off bottoms to keep halves from tipping.
- Fill each apple half evenly with honey and spread some cinnamon. Cover with microwavable plastic wrap, folding back one edge 1/4 inch to vent steam.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats with a 3/4 cup of water and put into in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Microwave on High 1 1/2 minute to 2 minutes or until apples are tender. Add a layer of peanut butter and top each with oats. Drizzle some chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- You can always add ice cream on top if desired!