The BLT is a perfect trifecta of deliciousness: Rich bacon, meaty acidic tomatoes, and a token vegetable to make it all seem okay. The best part? Nothing could be easier. It’s a three-ingredient sandwich—what could go wrong?
- 2 slices Bacon (Turkey)
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 Slices of tomato
- 2 tbsp. mayonaisse
- 2 Slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- Cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on each slice of toasted bread. (More or less, to taste).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce to 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast.
- Add 2 slices of tomato on top of lettuce.
- Arrange 3 slices of bacon evenly on top of tomato. (Break bacon slices in half to fit, if needed.).
- Add 1 slice of lettuce on top of bacon.
- Put the remaining 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast on top to finish the sandwiches.