There are lots of recipes you can cook up…without ever turning on a stove. This week, Chef Johnny Prep shows Nicole how to make a zesty salsa.
- Chopped cored peeled tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Sea salt
- Secret Ingredient: Chicken base
- Food Processor
- Tomatoes - Slice off ends, cut in half.
- Garlic - Peel, slice off ends, remove core, cut into quarters and smash it
- Jalapeno - Cut off tops, slice in half length wise. Remove the pith (milky white membrane in the middle) for less heat.
- Cilantro - Slice it off
With the ingredients prepped, place them into the food processor and run it. The amount of processing is determined by the texture you like your salsa. I prefer smaller pieces and more juices so I run my processor a little on the long side. You will probably have to run the processor a few time to get all the ingredients through so don't over pack it, you will get a much more even texture this way.